Yesterday the Crossfit Ft. Myers Gals (and Brod) ran the St. Pete Women's 1/2 marathon. Awesome job Suzi, Shannon, Brod, Sas, Monica, Eleina, Diane, Tuffo!!!
My goal was to break 2:00:00...my fastest 1/2 was with Sas in March 2010 when we ran the Disney women's 1/2, my time was 2:03:46 (and that included stopping with the characters for pictures:)...
My time for yesterday's race was 2:08:50. And that includes a port-o-potty break, lol!! (I had to)
Not my fastest but not my slowest. I'm happy with the time considering how I felt during the race. We didn't have time to warm up or stretch before the race (Coach, I hope you're not reading this) so when we started my shin's and lower legs were killing me! They were so bad that I really didn't think I was going to be able to finish the race.
After mile 4, my legs were feeling better and I was able to get my pace down to the 9:30's or so. I felt pretty good for most of the race until the last 3-4 miles when my legs started acting up again...my pace slowed down quite a bit. My avgerace pace was 9:50/mile which was way slower than my goal but I never stopped running, except for the pee break! So... I pretty darn happy, and happy its over. I'm so proud of Diane for her PR! And of Monica and E! since this was their first 1/2! And of everyone for running the 1/2!!!
Good Job CFFM Endurance Team!!
No comments:
Post a Comment