I started reading Mr. Wolf's new book..."The Paleo Solution". It's a really good book! I haven't finished it yet (Josh and I are sharing) but I skipped to the back to the "30 days of Paleo" part, and he has an entire 30 day Paleo menue (w/ recipies) layed out. It's 3 meals plus 1 snack a day. This will be a bit different thatn my usual eating since I eat approx. six meals a day...I'm also going to omit fruit and nuts (and the snack occasionally) per Wolf's reccomendation for weight loss.
So I decided that today will be the day to get back on track with my eating and follow his "menu". I really need to stay focused because I've been eating way to many sweets and other non-paleo-ish junk :( I'm also going to cut out all alcohol for 30 days too. That will be hard because nothing is better than a nice dark beer on a Friday night after a hard WOD, or sitting by the pool with a nice cold drink, or...(I could go on forever, lol) Oh well, what's 30 days...right?!?
I also got 12 hours of sleep last night...that was nice!
Going in tonight for the "Unilateral Wod"
CFGames Prep, Wk 8, WOD 29 “Unitlateral”
AQAP, NFT, AHAP:
One Arm DB Chest Press+Feet Up (bent at 90deg.) 3×12ea @ 35#
One Arm DB Fly+Feet Up (bent at 90deg.) 3×12ea @ 20#
Single-Leg One Arm DB Shoulder Press 3×6ea leg+12ea arm @ 25#
Single-Leg One Arm DB Lateral Raise 3×6ea leg+12ea arm @ 15#
One Arm KB Over Head Squat 3×12ea @ 12k, 14k, 15k
Two Arm DB Lateral Lunge 3×15ea @ 10#
KB/DB WindMill + Curl + Pick Up + Press 3×10ea @ 15#, 15#, 20#
Turkish Get Up 3×8ea @ 12k
One Arm KB Shrug 3×15ea @ 20k
Woke up late so breakfast was really lunch...
B/L:3 eggs
S: 4 oz. chix
D: 1 1/2 gf burgers on organic spinach w/ bacon, jalapenos, homemade walnut oil/vinegar dressing, apple
OMG I just ordered Robb Wolf's new book... I can't wait to get it and start reading... I too have been eating a bit too many sweets... but it is so hard now that I have an oven and can bake! Good luck w/the 30 days... you can do it Linds :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Kate! The book is a really good read...can't wait for you to get it! Baking is fun! I dont blame you for "breaking in" the oven :)
ReplyDeleteI am so jealous of your 12 hours of sleep. I totally could use that! Can I borrow one of your books when you all are done reading. I am down for the 30 days of Paleo as I have been a bad bad girl lately:)
ReplyDelete